GPaint PatchesBring GNU Paint on par with Microsoft Paint
GNU Paint lacks many essential features of pixel editor. Mission of this project is to fix them as much as possible. Then, hands the fix to the upstream developer.
My Wishlist(Constantly being sorted by my current interest, top is the most)
- "Shift" key to force Oval/Rectangle Tool to produce Circle/Square.
- "Shift" key to force Line Tool to produce line only in cardinal and intercardinal direction (0°,45°,90°,135°,180°,225°,270° and 315°)
- Edit Color menu.
- Image Attribute dialog.
- Status bar.
- New program icon.
- New tools icon (current ones looked misleading).
Freehand selection tool Rectangle selection tool Eraser tool Paint bucket tool Dropper tool Magnify tool Pencil tool Brush tool Airbrush tool Text tool Line tool Curve tool Rectangle tool Polygon tool Ellipse tool Round rectangle tool
- BMP format support (and others if not too hard to implement).
- At least 3-level undo/redo (ideally unlimited).
- Rectangle Selection Tool.
- Allowing selection to span beyond current screen.
- Main window should be made to fit in 640x480 screen (at 96 DPI).
- Spline tool (cubic Bezier curve)
- Tool Options
- Line thickness.
- Eraser size.
- Brush shape/size.
- Draw Opaque menu
- Use non-blinking selection box.
- Floating Text Toolbar by default, and appear while using Text Tool only.
- Disableable Toolbar (View > xxx Box).
- Opaque/Background-with-Border Oval/Rectangle tool.
- Spray tool.
- Polygon Selection tool.
- Freehand Selection tool.
- Resizable canvas (drag the peg to resize).
- Flip and Rotate dialog.
- Stretch and Skew dialog.
- Full Screen view (View > View Bitmap)
- Thumbnail view
- Other undocumented (but useful) features of MS Paint. (See http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/tutorial/mspaint)
- Help topics (including undocumented features).
- GNU Paint should work in BW/16-color/256-color screen (if GTK is able to handle it).
My Fulfilled Wishes(Sorted by finished date, first is earliest)
- Use Save As dialog when clicked "Save" on exit confirmation. (gpaint_0.3.3-6~gp1)
- Default exit confirmation dialog to "Save". (gpaint_0.3.3-6~gp2)
My Abandoned Wishes
(None yet, hopefully.)